Significant numbers of life insurance policyholders today choose to take advantage of a thriving secondary market to liquidate their policies and gain immediate financial compensation. As the viatical and life settlement industry grows, however, so do the laws pertaining to these investments.
At the California law firm of Beitchman & Zekian, PC, we represent large corporate providers, licensed professionals and policyholders throughout the state and nationwide. We have also represented life settlement clients in the United Kingdom, Lithuania, Singapore and other countries around the world.
Our legal team has significant experience in the following matters, among others:
- Representing professionals — Beitchman & Zekian, PC, frequently represents viatical and life settlement brokers, agents, funders and providers in regulatory compliance matters and litigation.
- Representing individuals — Our firm assists with filing and litigating death claims, resolving life insurance policy disputes and more.
- Fractionalized life settlements — Our lawyers are highly knowledgeable about the unique issues that may arise when individual investors buy fractional life shares, hoping to profit from a relatively risk-free investment.
- Life settlement litigation — We litigate a wide array of disputes, including those involving insurance carrier claims, regulator claims, viatical fraud claims, breach of contract and stranger-originated life insurance (STOLI) actions.
- Viatical transactions — Our law firm partners with attorney Christopher R. Erwin of Erwin Legal to provide a full range of transactional services to clients, including assistance with transactional structuring and escrow matters.
To arrange a free initial consultation with one of the Los Angeles viatical settlement lawyers at Beitchman & Zekian, PC, please call our office at 800-542-2046. You can also reach us via email. We speak Spanish, Russian, Armenian, Korean and Hebrew.